Friday, June 16, 2017
40 Things That Happen When You Lose Weight
I’ve been on my weight loss journey since September. It is now June. It hasn’t been particularly hard, and it really hasn’t taken that long considering the amount of weight I had to lose. I’ve lost nearly 80 lbs so far. So many things have changed in my life within the past nine months. Some things are great. Some things aren’t so good. There are pros and cons to everything that we do. I think my pros have outweighed my cons by a lot. If you’re toying with the idea of starting a diet and exercise program, read this list. It may give you the motivation you need.
Here is a list of 40 things that happen when you lose weight.
1. You look homeless until you can buy new clothes because none of your clothes fit right.
2. You have several people ask you if you are losing weight and how you are doing it.
3. People tell you how great you look.
4. Some will try to sabotage your weight loss progress by tempting you with food.
5. All of a sudden everyone becomes concerned with you “starving yourself”, even if you’re still 50 lbs. overweight.
6. You start looking at yourself in the mirror more often.
7. You can actually fit into an airplane seat.
8. Your legs can actually cross.
9. Your thighs stop rubbing together when you walk.
10. Your rings no longer fit and you have to get them resized.
11. You discover bones that you never knew you had and mistake them for knots.
12. Sitting becomes uncomfortable because you feel the bones in your bum digging into the chair.
13. Finding a sleeping position becomes a task because your hip bones are digging into the mattress.
14. Walking becomes easier.
15. People around you start making healthier decisions for themselves.
16. You can fit on a stool without your butt fat hanging off.
17. You have more energy.
18. You sleep better.
19. You feel a sense of pride in your accomplishments.
20. People will flirt with you more. A LOT more.
21. Your friends start calling you by new nicknames, like “skinny mini” or “Incredible Shrinking Woman”.
22. You want to go out more often.
23. When you catch your reflection in a store window, you don’t immediately realize it’s you.
24. The meat manager at the local grocery store who you have seen weekly for the last 10 years all of a sudden speaks to you for the first time, asking how you are and how your day went.
25. Family and friends will brag on you behind your back.
26. Some people will criticize you.
27. Your husband (or wife) may start to become jealous.
28. Someone you haven’t seen in a while may not recognize you.
29. Your boobs and butt will shrink before your tummy trims down.
30. You feel cold all the time.
31. You look at the clothes on a rack in your new size and think, “That’s too small for me”.
32. People will like you more. Not because you look better, but because you don’t hate yourself any longer.
33. The people you used to envy now look fat to you.
34. You start *wanting* to have your picture taken.
35. You wish you had more pictures of yourself when you were fat.
36. People take you more seriously.
37. You can sit in the floor more comfortably.
38. Guys (or girls) will start checking you out.
39. You can now buy better looking and more fitted clothes in the stores instead of the “old people” clothes for plus sized people.
40. You wonder why the hell you didn’t start losing weight earlier.
If you've lost weight and have experienced different things than I've mentioned here, please comment below! I'd love to hear from you!